Browse our recipes from the farm by category, or find a recipe for a specific veggie using the search box.
Browse our list of websites, publications, and organizations that we find useful or complimentary to our mission. You’ll find wonderful resources on food, farming, gardens, gardening, and more.
Latest Storage Tips
- Cabbage: Using & Storing – Do you know how to use cabbage? How about storing it? This tip will teach you how to do both things, so you can make the most of the harvest! Read more →
- Preserving Blueberries – Learn a few simple ways to put up your favorite blue berry. Read more →
- Freezing Tomatoes – Freezing tomatoes is super easy. Once frozen, tomatoes do not hold their shape and are somewhat mushy which makes them perfect for use in soups, chili, sauces, or added in to a stir fry or anything else you’d like a little tomato flavor in! Your winter self will be so pleased that you’ve done this! Read more →
Latest Cooking Tips
- Gilfeather Turnips: All About Them – The Gilfeather turnip, a rutabaga-turnip hybrid, is a root vegetable that is normally harvested after the first hard frost of the season. It is white rather than yellow inside, and it is sweet and creamy, not having the bite of a normal turnip. Read more →
- Pie Pumpkin: All About It – With the onset of cooler weather vines of the pumpkin die back and it is ready to harvest. Pumpkins will last for months with curing and proper storage. They are an excellent source of vitamin A in the winter, and are also high in iron, potassium, and phosphorus. Read more →
- Spaghetti Squash: All About It – Raw spaghetti squash has a solid flesh, similar to other squash. When cooked, the meat resembles strands of spaghetti, which are sometimes as long as traditional spaghetti noodles. Read more →
Latest Gardening Tips
- Container Gardening – Don’t let lack of space keep you from gardening! Read on to learn how to grow successfully in containers. Read more →
- Starting a Garden – Let us share some tips with you on how, and why, to start your own garden, and provide some helpful resources too. Read more →
- Growing Cut Flowers – Having beautiful flowers available for cutting is always a pleasure. And by cutting your flowers, you help encourage continuous blooms throughout the season as well. Read more →