Pick Your Own
Late June to Early July
9am–until picked out
In light of COVID-19 there are some changes in place for our U-Pick operation. We are following guidelines from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture and the CDC. Our highest priority is to keep our visitors and employees safe.
We grow several varieties of certified organic strawberries, available at different times during the strawberry season. Our pick-your-own hours fluctuate with the weather and the picking conditions, so please check our homepage or call ahead before driving any distance. For the safety of our customers and crew, we always close during thunderstorms.
Please follow the signs to park near the berry patch.
*We love when you bring your own containers, although we do have some available in the farmstand or down by the fields.
$4.00/lb, up to 10 lbs picked
$3.75/lb, 10–20 lbs picked
$3.50/lb, 20-50 lbs picked
$3.25/lb, over 50 lbs picked
We highly recommend calling (802) 785-4737 or emailing before coming out to pick. In order to maintain social distancing, there is a limited number of space available in the patch. Calling ahead ensures that there is space and ripe strawberries available before you make the trip.
This year the patch is located at the back of the property. Turn onto the road behind the greenhouses and follow it all the way down to the river. You will see signs for the strawberry parking area.
- Head to the pop-up tent to check in. An employee will assign your group a row to pick, give you containers, and answer any questions. You are welcome to bring your own containers. We will weigh them to get the tare weight before you start picking.
- Wash your hands. There will be a hand washing station available for you to wash your hands before beginning picking.
- Follow an employee to your row. You must stay in your designated row. If you need assistance or have a question while in the patch simply take your flag and wave it. An employee will be by to assist you.
- When you are finished picking, plant your flag where you stopped. Exit the field by walking all the way down your row and circling around the patch. Please do not hop over other picker’s rows.
- Bring your containers to the pop-up tent where you checked in to pay. You can pay with check, cash, card, or your CSA balance.
Wash your hands before picking.
Only pick your designated row.
Do not step over other picker’s rows.
Keep your family together and children close by.
Do not eat while on the property.
Exit the opposite way you enter the patch.
Respect social distancing.
Wear a mask while on the property.
July to September
Our PYO flower garden* offers an abundance of beautiful cutting flowers. Stop in the farmstand for picking instructions, then head to the field to pick. Instructions are also posted by the garden. Please bring your own scissors and containers.
Gladiolus – $6 per lb
Lisianthus – $40 per lb
Sunflowers (large) – $4 per lb
All other flowers and herbs – $16 per lb
Looking for information about PYO wedding flowers? Click here.
Looking for pre-picked Buckets of Blooms to arrange at home? Click here.
mid-July to August
Our organic pick your own blueberry patch is open dawn till dusk and operates on the honor system. The patch is located 1/2 mile south of the farmstand, on Pavillion Road. Park at “Sunny Fields Berry Farm”. You can pay with cash or check in the patch. Credit card and CSA card payments can be processed in the Hello Cafe 8–3 or in the farmstand 9–5.
Pick-your-own hours fluctuate with the weather and the picking conditions, so please check our homepage or call ahead before driving any distance. For the safety of our customers and crew, we always close during thunderstorms.
We must continue to ask that you please wear masks in the fields (at times you will be sharing the field with our pickers and Willing Hands volunteers), practice social distancing and wash your hands prior to picking at the hand-washing station.
You are welcome to bring your own containers. Simply grab a pint container that we provide and pick into that first before dumping into your container. Make sure to keep count as you go.
$4.00 per pint
Our pumpkin patch opens at the end of September and will remain open through October 31st. Bring all pumpkins to the farmstand to be weighed.
60¢ per lb