Cooked simply and quickly, you will love the taste of fresh, organic spinach leaves, especially from our spring crop.
- 2 large bunches (about 1 lb) spinach
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt, to taste
- Cut off the thick stems of the spinach and discard. Clean the spinach well and spin dry.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic just begins to color.
- Add the spinach to the pan, packing it down a bit with the back of a spatula if you need to. Use a spatula to lift the spinach and turn it over in the pan so that you coat more of it with the olive oil and garlic. Do this a couple of times.
- Cover the pan and cook for 1 minute. Uncover and turn the spinach over again. Cover the pan and cook for an additional minute. After 2 minutes of cooking, the spinach should be completely wilted and bright green.
- Remove from heat. Drain any excess moisture from the pan. Add a little more olive oil, sprinkle with salt to taste.