Winter Lettuce Salad with Radish and Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
We like to use Mountain Home Farm real cultured buttermilk in this dressing. Use any combo of winter lettuces and whatever crunchy vegetables you can find…fennel, kohlrabi, shredded carrots, etc. and lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
- 2 heads lettuce
- 1 bunch radishes sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped chives or other fresh herb
- black pepper freshly ground
Slice the radishes and spread them over lettuce leaves on a plate or platter.
Whisk together the lemon juice, minced garlic, a pinch of salt and fresh pepper. Add the olive oil while whisking, then add the buttermilk and chopped chives. Season to taste.