Shaved Asparagus Salad
A taste of spring! This refreshing salad is delicious and a snap to make.
In the farmstand: large asparagus
- 2 lbs large asparagus
- 3 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus into thin, long strips. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the Parmigiano-Reggiano (parmesan) with the lemon juice, water, and olive oil.
- Add to the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.