Simple Summer Coleslaw
This is a wonderful California style coleslaw; no mayonnaise or sour cream, just a light citrus vinaigrette. Feel free to vary the type of cabbage or use a combo of red and green.
- 1 green cabbage finely shredded
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 Tbsp mild olive oil
- 1-2 lime juice and zest
- 2–3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
Combine shredded cabbage, onion, cilantro and jalapeño in a large bowl. Combine oil, lime zest and juice, vinegar and salt and mix to make a dressing. Pour over the
veggies, mixing well. Let sit for up to an hour before serving to let the flavors meld together. Adjust seasoning, adding more salt or acid as necessary before serving.
Serve cold or at room temperature.