Hot and Sour Salad
This easy dressing can be used with a bounty of vegetables – any type of cabbage, radishes, cucumbers, or carrots. Let your imagination go wild.
- 1 lb green or napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 carrots shredded or cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger peeled and minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2-3/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
Combine vinegar, ginger, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat, add oil, and stir.
Combine shredded cabbage, carrots, scallion, and red pepper in a large bowl.
Pour hot dressing over vegetables and toss well.