You searched for freezing and found 6 tips.
- Celery – Celery is more than just crunch, it is also contains apigenin, a chemical that potentially helps to fight breast cancer according to a University of Missouri study. Learn more about how to cook and store this veggie from this tip taken from Asparagus to Zucchini. Read more →
- Cilantro – Cilantro is best known for its role as an ingredient in fresh homemade salsas. The seeds of the cilantro plant, coriander, are also a popular spice and have quite a different flavor than the leaves. Read more →
- Freezing Herbs – A quick way to preserve your herbs! Read more →
- Freezing Tomatoes – Freezing tomatoes is super easy. Once frozen, tomatoes do not hold their shape and are somewhat mushy which makes them perfect for use in soups, chili, sauces, or added in to a stir fry or anything else you’d like a little tomato flavor in! Your winter self will be so pleased that you’ve done this! Read more →
- Onions and Garlic: Storage Tips – Storing food in small amounts is easy, but in larger quantities it can be tricky in our increasingly energy efficient homes. Onions like a cold, dark, and dry place for the best results. Here are some more tips for storing onions. Read more →
- Preserving Blueberries – Learn a few simple ways to put up your favorite blue berry. Read more →