Easy Summer Strawberry Salad
Here is a versatile summery salad that you can substitute cheeses, nuts, vinaigrettes, or even go with a creamy dressing. You get sweet, creamy, crunchy, and zesty in the first bite. We prep these individually in separate bowls to preserve the flavor and crispness of each ingredient.
- 8 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, or lettuce) mixed, cleaned, and spin-dried
- 8 Tbsp goat cheese crumbled
- 4-8 baby portobello mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries leaned, capped and sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- almonds roasted and slivered
In four salad bowls, place 2 cups of greens. Top each bowl with 2 T of goat cheese crumbles. Evenly disperse the sliced mushrooms and top with strawberry slices. Before serving, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle dressing evenly over the four salads. (For a zippier version, finely chop the white part of a stem of green garlic and add it to your dressing.)
Makes 4 servings.