You searched for grass and found 6 tips.
- Beneficial Insect: Lacewing – These beautiful, slender insects are attracted to lights and are commonly found clinging to window screens at night. But don’t swat them… they’re a big help in the garden. Read more →
- Corn: All About It – Sweet Corn, commonly known as Maize in most parts of the world, is a cereal/grain plant that is a member of the grass family. Each cob of corn is made up of approximately 800 kernels, which are the “seeds” of the plant. Read more →
- Cover Crops – Got an area in the garden that just is not going to get planted? Try a cover crop! Cover crops are crops that are grown simply to enhance soil quality, rather than to directly produce food for people. Cover crops provide food for the living soil. Read more →
- Perennial Grasses – When you think about your perennial gardens, does grass come to mind? Well, perennial grasses are not for the birds… or are they? Read more →
- Pest: Japanese Beetle – Adult Japanese beetles are iridescent green with copper wing covers and are, unfortunately, very common in gardens in mid-summer. Read more →
- Pest: Rose Chafer – These beetle-like bugs are very common. Unfortunately they are not friends. They can skeletonize the leaves of your plants quickly and thoroughly. Read more →