Grilled Corn Salad with Mint, Parsley, and Cilantro
A nice summery salad loaded with fresh herbs and smoky charred corn.
- 4 large ears sweet corn husks and silk removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 jalapeno seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp mint leaves torn
- 3 Tbsp parsley leaves torn
- 3 Tbsp cilantro leaves torn
Combine the onion and lime juice, and let stand 10 minutes. Add syrup or honey, jalapeno, and 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
To char the corn, use a gas stove with grates or a grill. Turn the burners or grill heat to medium. Place ears of husked corn directly on burners and cook, turning with tongs every minute or two until blackened in spots and softened (about 10 minutes). Cool cobs then cut kernels off. Transfer kernels to a mixing bowl and season with olive oil, salt, pepper and ground cumin.
Add onion mixture, torn herbs, taste again and adjust seasonings if necessary.