You searched for heirloom tomatoes and found 7 tips.
- Freezing Tomatoes – Freezing tomatoes is super easy. Once frozen, tomatoes do not hold their shape and are somewhat mushy which makes them perfect for use in soups, chili, sauces, or added in to a stir fry or anything else you’d like a little tomato flavor in! Your winter self will be so pleased that you’ve done this! Read more →
- Heirloom Tomatoes: All About Them – Heirloom tomatoes have been selected over the years for their flavor. The word “heirloom” refers to the history behind the fruit, provoking endless images of farmers in their garden taste-testing and then saving seeds from the best tomatoes. Read more →
- Heirlooms VS Hybrids – Learn the difference between heirloom VS hybrid varieties and why they are important. Read more →
- Our Fresh Dried Beans! – Get to know all of the varieties that we grow and some yummy recipes to use these heirloom varieties of dry beans. Read more →
- Saving Seeds – Seed saving is a fun way to bring your gardening talents to the next level! Empower yourself and follow these simple tips to save seeds from some common and simple-to-process vegetables. Read more →
- Staking Tomatoes – We highly recommend staking and training tomatoes early, while they are small. If you wait until they flop, you risk breaking the tender stalks. Read more →
- Tomato Seed Saving – Saving seeds from your tomatoes is a great way to learn about the tradition of seed saving. Easy! Read more →