You searched for beneficial insects and found 17 tips.
- How to Deadhead Flowers – Keep your annual and perennial flowers gorgeous and blooming all summer long with the simple technique of deadheading. Read more →
- Pest: Hornworm Caterpillar – Hornworm caterpillars are a pest. They can get huge while munching on your tomato plants. The best method for control in the home garden is hand picking. Understanding their lifecycle is a good place to start. Read more →
- Pest: Japanese Beetle – Adult Japanese beetles are iridescent green with copper wing covers and are, unfortunately, very common in gardens in mid-summer. Read more →
- Pest: Leafhopper – If your legume leaves are turning yellow, potato leaves are turning brown or your rose leaves are stippled with white, you might have leafhoppers. Read more →
- Pest: Root Maggot – Root maggots particularly plague Brassica crops, able to detect easily your newly planted and delicate seedlings. Stop them before they become established! Read more →
- Pest: Wireworm – Ever find potatoes with wriggly holes inside? This is probably wireworm damage. Read more →
- Use a Trap Crop To Control Japanese Beetles – The Japanese beetle will happily consume over 300 species of plants, although they particularly love roses. Adult beetles will travel great distances to eat the soft parts of the leaves, leaving them looking almost skeletal. This tip focuses on using evening primrose as a trap crop. Read more →