You searched for basil and found 6 tips.
- Celery – Celery is more than just crunch, it is also contains apigenin, a chemical that potentially helps to fight breast cancer according to a University of Missouri study. Learn more about how to cook and store this veggie from this tip taken from Asparagus to Zucchini. Read more →
- Chiffonade – Chiffonade is a way to chop greens so they look elegant and are easy to incorporate in to salads, soups, and more. Read more →
- Companion Planting – Companion plants help each other to grow in some way. For instance, some plants can extract certain nutrients from the soil and make them more available for other plants. Read more →
- Fertilizing Young Plants – Memorial day weekend is traditionally the time to plant the warm weather garden crops like tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, melons, squash, peppers, eggplant, basil, lavender, rosemary, and all the other tender annual flowers, herbs, and veggies. Young bedding plants do best with a fertilizer boost when planting. Read on to learn more about fertilizing young plants. Read more →
- Freezing Herbs – A quick way to preserve your herbs! Read more →
- Getting the most from your basil – If you pinch the growing tips of your basil throughout the growing season, you’ll get a bushy plant that will keep producing lush, tasty leaves all season long. Read more →