Lorna’s Best Blueberry Cake
You will love this cake! It is quick and easy to make, travels well and is perfect for summer picnics and potlucks!
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup - plus an additional 1/3 cup for topping cake sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees - grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 1/3 cup sugar together in a large bowl (or bowl of standing mixture)
- Mix oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix well
- Gently fold in 2 cups blueberries
- Spread batter in prepared pan
- Top batter with additional 1 cup of berries
- Evenly coat top of batter with the second measure of sugar (1/3C)
Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. The top of the cake should be golden brown and be starting to crack just a bit. Let cool in pan and serve!
To preserve the crunchy top, cover with a dishtowel rather than plastic when storing.