A Letter From Our Farm to Our Wonderful Customers
Opening day was one for the history books! Snow in the morning, strong winds all day, snow squalls throughout, our staff had their work cutout for them, not to mention the new style of retail we’re trying on! Our staff and our customers took it all in stride with smiles and dedication, thank you all.
Another challenge was an errant newsletter. On Friday, an email was sent that was not intended to go out to all of you. A draft page of thoughts with some inaccurate and unclear information was used instead of the final version. Here is the letter that we hoped would reach you all. Again, thank you all for your continued support and commitment to supporting the food producers of the Upper Valley.
Cedar Circle Farm’s Response to COVID-19: a memo to our customers
Cedar Circle Farm changed some of our operations to reduce threats to customers and staff posed by COVID-19. We will be opening our farmstand for pick-up of on-line orders only on May 9 2020. Our goal is to continue to provide our community with fresh, organic produce during this challenging time.
Cedar Circle Farm staff are working diligently to maintain a minimum of 6 feet between each of us. We are washing our hands frequently and regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces and objects. We use gloves and masks when packing produce. We are mindful of protecting each other and our customers.
As Cedar Circle Farm customers, please observe the following when picking up your orders at the farm:
1. If you are sick, or have a cough, fever, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, please do not come to pick-up your order; please send a friend or ask for help from us instead.
2. As you enter the parking lot, you will notice that we have changed our traffic flow for easier circulation. Please follow the line of traffic cones and wait for someone to come out of the farmstand to help you with your order.
5. Consider coordinating with neighbors or friends to pick up multiple orders. Fewer vehicles equal speedier service, reduced social contact, and more people staying home.
6. We ask you to open your vehicle and we will load your produce in your car.
7. We are temporarily eliminating cash payments, preferring instead that you charge purchases to your account, hand us checks, or provide exact change in envelopes.
8. If you are part of a vulnerable population, and prefer not to come personally for your share, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to get you vegetables.
9. We request that you remain flexible, as we fully expect that as we learn more from health authorities, our COVID-19 mitigation measures will change, and this may happen too rapidly for us to notify you ahead of your pick-up.
In developing these measures, we are looking to the Vermont Department of Health, the US Centers for Disease Control, and the UVM Extension and Vermont Agency of Agriculture’s Produce Safety programs for guidance in developing our best approaches to mitigating risk at CCF. Read our current understanding of COVID-19 transmission via food in this document.
As always, our collective safety is of paramount concern at Cedar Circle Farm. We are happy to discuss any of these measures with you and apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
We will update this page with our current measures as the situation continues to develop.
Thank you for your invaluable support.