Cedar Circle Farm’s Operational Updates
Our Response to COVID-19
At Cedar Circle Farm we will be changing some of our operations to reduce the threat to members and staff posed by COVID-19. Our goal is to continue to provide our community with fresh, organic produce during this challenging time.
Cedar Circle Farm staff are working diligently to maintain a minimum of 6 feet between each of us. We are washing our hands frequently and regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces and objects. We use gloves and masks when packing produce and are mindful of protecting each other and our customers.
The Farmstand is OPEN for in person shopping everyday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are welcoming four shoppers into the store at a time. If you are not comfortable shopping in-person you are also welcome to call 802-785-4737 and place your order over the phone.
As a Cedar Circle Farm customer, please observe the following when shopping at the farm:
- If you are sick or have a cough, fever, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, please do not come shop; please send a friend or contact us at email@example.com instead.
- As you enter the parking lot, you will notice that we have changed our farmstand entrance. Please follow the signs around back and wait for someone to invite you into the farmstand.
- Consider coordinating with neighbors or friends to shop. Fewer shoppers equal speedier service, reduced social contact, and more people staying home.
- If you are part of a vulnerable population, and cannot visit Cedar Circle Farm to shop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802)785-4737 to place an order for pickup.
- We request that you remain flexible and understanding, as we fully expect that as we learn more from health authorities, our COVID-19 mitigation measures will change, and this may happen too rapidly for us to notify you ahead of your pick-up.
IN-PERSON SHOPPING PROCEDURES
The Farmstand is open for in-person shopping. We will no longer be taking online orders. If you do not feel comfortable shopping in-person please call 802-785-4737 or email email@example.com to place an order for pickup.
When can I come shop?
-The Farmstand will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. seven days a week. We have organic produce, local meats, eggs, cheeses, and milk, plus our very own baked goods available.
How are you maintaining social distancing?
-There will only be four shoppers allowed into the store at a time. You will enter through the back door and exit out the front.
What are your safety precautions?
-All customers and staff are required to wear face masks on the premises. The farmstand staff wear gloves when handling food stuffs, money or credit cards, and will be spraying down frequently touched surfaces regularly.
Can I bring my own bag?
-Yes, you can! However, if you choose to do so, we must ask that you please bag your groceries yourself.
What if I do not feel comfortable shopping in person?
-Please give us a call (802) 785-4737 or send us an email to place an order. The best times to reach us are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday.
Where can I park?
-If the front parking lot is full there is an overflow lot available. Turn onto the road behind the greenhouses and follow the signs.
In developing these measures, we are looking to the Vermont Department of Health, the US Centers for Disease Control, and the UVM Extension and Vermont Agency of Agriculture’s Produce Safety programs for guidance in developing our best approaches to mitigating risk at ICF.
We are thrilled to be able to welcome customers to our greenhouses.
We are open between the hours of 9:00 to 5:00 seven days a week. Greenhouse products are no longer available on our online store. If you are not comfortable shopping in person, you are more than welcome to call 802-785-4737 and place a plant order over the phone.
Here are a few other requirements for our visitors:
- Customers will be required to wear a mask and sanitize hands before entering any greenhouses.
- Feel free to park in our regular lot. If the lot is full, we will have overflow parking available. Follow the signs to the overflow lot.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call if you have any questions.
The Hello Café is open daily from 8:00 to 3:00. At this time we are serving takeout drinks along with a limited quantity of baked goods. We must ask that you refrain from eating on the property and enjoy your treats at home.
Pick Your Own Pumpkins
We are following guidelines from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture and the CDC for You-Pick Operations. Our highest priority is to keep our visitors and employees safe.
As a Cedar Circle Farm customer, we ask that you please observe the following when visiting the farm. If you are sick or have a cough, fever, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has, please do not come pick. Anyone who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering must cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when on the property.
Summary of Our Understanding of COVID-19 transmission via food:
As of this time, global, national, and local health authorities have yet to confirm any transmission of the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 via food.
Prior research on other related coronaviruses shows that all have low survival rates on food.
Food safety and health authorities globally recommend that the best strategies to reduce risk and prevent the spread of COVID-19 via any food are essentially the same as the strategies for risk reduction and infection prevention in daily life, namely:
- Stay home and away from public sources of food if you exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20+ seconds prior to handling food
- Avoid touching your face while handling food
- Maintain distance from others of at least 6 feet
As always, our collective safety is of paramount concern at Cedar Circle Farm. We are happy to discuss any of these measures with you and apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
We will update this page with our current measures as the situation continues to develop.