This recipe originates from a cool site called Tiny Urban Kitchen. Cat, a huge celeriac fan, has altered the recipe to her tastes. We hope you like it too!
- 1 lg celeriac peeled and chopped
- 2-3 med potatoes washed and chopped, leave skins on (any kind, I prefer yellow fingerlings)
- 1 lg apple peeled and chopped
- 1 med onion diced
- 1 qt vegetable stock unsalted, or 1 unsalted bouillon cube
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 2 T maple syrup
- to taste salt and pepper (I use 2 T salt per gallon if I use unsalted stock or bouillon)
Sauté onions and thyme in oil over medium heat for a few minutes until the onions are browned and translucent. Add the celeriac and potatoes. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until they are cooked. Add broth, apples, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
Add maple syrup. Blend with an immersion blender or blend in batches in a blender. Garnish with toppings of your choice and serve!
Try fresh mint as a topping, or shredded cheese of your choice.