Lobby Day is January 16th!
Join VT Right To Know to Lobby your Senators on January 16!
Let the VT Right to Know Coalition know that you are coming. REGISTER HERE
LOBBY DAY SCHEDULE
- 1:00 - 2:00 Right to Know Rally on Capitol Steps
- 2:00 - 4:00 Teach-in Social at Episcopal Church
- 3:00 - 4:00 Meet and Greet with legislators
- 4:00 - 5:00 Honk and Wave on State Street
Vermont Right to Know: GMOs Labeling Lobby Day - January 16, 2014 from Mt. Mansfield Community TV on Vimeo.
Important note about meeting legislators Please contact your legislator in advance of January 16 to reserve an appointment with them on Lobby Day. In order to not miss the rally or teach-in, the best times to meet legislators are before 1pm in the state house cafeteria or after 3pm in room 10 in the state house. The VT Right To Know Coalition will invite legislators to room 10 between 3-5 for refreshments, but there is no guarantee yours will be there unless you Invite them!
CALL-IN on Thursday! If you can’t make it, to Lobby Day your Senators still need to hear from you. You can leave them a message by calling the State House between 8:30 and 4:30 on Thursday at 802-828-2228. Be sure to say: Pass H.122, as it is, without a trigger!
Hop on the Bus! - THERE IS STILL ROOM!
You can sign up to take a bus from the Brattleboro Food Co-op. the Putney Food Co-op, or the Upper Valley Food Co-op in White River Junction with other labeling supporters.
The bus arrives in Montpelier at noon and leaves Montpelier at 4:45.
To sign up for the bus:
Brattleboro: bus leaves at 9:30am
- by phone: call Shareholder Services desk as a BFC: 802-246-2813,
- by e-mail
- in person at the Co-op: check in with the Shareholder Services desk.
Putney: bus leaves at 10:00am
- by phone: 802-387-5866
- by e-mail
- in person at the Co-op: stop in and ask a staff member to sign you up
Upper Valley: bus leaves at 11:00am
- by phone; call the co-op office: 802-295-5804
- by e-mail
- in person at the Co-op: go to the office, and a staff member will sign you up
Depending on how much funding is procured for the bus, you may be asked to donate $5 - $10 (sliding scale) for your trip.
Cedar Circle Farm is a member of the Vermont Right To Know Coalition. Our partners are VPIRG, Rural Vermont, and NOFA-VT. For more information about the Vermont Right To Know Coalition visit their website, or our GMO food page