Cedar Circle Family Adventure Package
We’re excited to launch our new summer program, the Cedar Circle Family Adventure Package! It’s a week-long customizable combination of Farm Adventure Days for the whole family here on the farm and a take-home Camp Kit to complete your off-the-farm camp experience.
Part 1: Take-Home Camp Kits
At the heart of the program is the Camp Kit, which is a curated, themed box of camp essentials and activities for off-the-farm fun that will keep your campers active, outdoors, and off their screens.
Kits will include at least three activities per day, requiring varying levels of adult participation. Activity instructions will be available through printed handouts for a completely screen-free experience. Kits will be available for pickup at the farm on the Monday morning of your chosen camp week; if transportation poses a problem for pickup, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Kit Themes
- Budding Farmer: focuses mainly on farm-related activities and the wonder of growing plants
- Nature Explorer: focuses mainly on exploring the ecology that surrounds farm spaces and getting to know the critters and plants around us
- Farm Chef: focuses mainly on getting creative with food and includes lots of age-appropriate recipes
Camp Kit Contents
All kits will include Cedar Circle Farm camp essentials like a t-shirt, a wood-cookie name tag, and a nature journal. While themes provide your camp week with a focus, you’ll notice cross-pollination among themes; all kits will include activities related to farming, ecology, and cooking. Much like an interdisciplinary week at camp, all kits will include a variety of Cedar Circle Farm produce (and other ingredients) for recipes and tastings, and materials and instructions for crafts, activities, and outdoor explorations.
Camp Kits will also include our Caregiver Resource Guide, which contains:
- a suggested itinerary for the week (we’ll do all the planning for you!)
- our top tips and tricks for facilitating exciting, successful outdoor experiences with kids
- our Getting Outside Guide, which highlights local activities, trails, and spaces for spending even more time outside in the Upper Valley
Camp Kit Sizing
Primary-users of the kits (usually kids aged approximately 6 to 11, though all ages are welcome to participate!) are called “Farm Campers” and other members of the family unit are “Farm Crew.” Standard kits are designed for a family with one Farm Camper and include one set of camp essentials (t-shirt, etc.). Kits can be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled for families with more than one Farm Camper or for older or younger family members that would also like to participate as Farm Campers (camp t-shirts come in all sizes!).
Part 2: Farm Adventure Days
You can choose to participate in any or all of our Farm Adventure Days during your chosen camp week. Farm Adventure Days are 1.5-hour on-farm experiences for everyone in your Farm Crew (family unit) that occur on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 10am, 1pm, and 3pm. Farm Campers must be accompanied by at least one family member or caregiver. If you’d like to participate but are unavailable during these times, please email email@example.com.
- Monday: Work Party Day! Join the education team for a socially-distant work party where we will weed, water, harvest and otherwise tend to our small Education Farm. Get a taste of what’s growing and leave with freshly-harvested produce to enjoy at home.
- Wednesday: Wilderness Adventure Day! Join us for an exploration of the wilderness just beyond the farm where we’ll engage our animal senses and learn how to safely build a fire using just one match! Other activities may include shelter building, knot tying, plant identification, tracking, and farm snacks.
- Friday: Celebration Day! Celebrate a great week of camp with a river-side picnic in a special location on the farm and a tractor-pulled wagon ride tour! You pack your meal and we’ll provide dessert (gluten-, dairy-, and nut-free options are available).
Masks and social distancing are required, and all other CDC guidelines will be followed. Up to two family-units may be participating in a Farm Adventure Day at one time but our space allows us to keep families at a safe distance. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.
Are you quarantining with another trusted household (neighbors, friends, etc.)? We encourage you to register for the same dates/times, so your family units can enjoy the experience together. Each family is required to register separately.
- Standard Camp Kits (for one Farm Camper): $75
- Double Camp Kits (for two Farm Campers): $100
- Triple Camp Kits (for three Farm Campers): $125
- Quadruple Camp Kits (for four Farm Campers): $150
Farm Adventure Days:
- 1 Visit: $25
- 2 Visits: $50
- 3 Visits: $75
(Example: a Camp Kit for one Farm Camper + all three Farm Adventure Visits = $150)
We understand that many families have been negatively affected financially by COVID-19. In order to make this program more accessible, we are offering a sliding scale fee. We ask that you please pay what you can to cover the cost of materials, with a minimum of $50. If it is within your budget we ask that you pay the actual cost, as we have tried to make this Package as affordable as possible, considering the staff time and materials included in it.