Summer Production Crew
About the Position
As a member of our summer production crew, you will join our team for the summer and work within all aspects of our farming operation to further Cedar Circle Farm’s mission promoting organic, regenerative farming and a localized food economy. While cultivating our production fields and high tunnels, your responsibilities include propagation house work, hand weeding and hoeing, transplanting, harvesting, post-harvest handling, and field work with appropriate implements. You will have the opportunity to learn about commercial berry production, hothouse tomato growing, organic vegetable production, and to be a part of a welcoming team!
To view and download the full job description as a PDF, click here.
Vegetable Crop Production
- Prepare fields for planting, manage cover cropped areas, and control weeds in field crops and fallow areas
- Cultivate vegetable crops efficiently, using appropriate hand tools
- Assist in the setup, operation, and maintenance of Cedar Circle’s irrigation system
- Greenhouse and field planting projects, including construction of necessary field infrastructure to support appropriate crop growth
- Contribute to pest management efforts through row cover management and release of beneficial insects
- Support production systems for specific specialty crops (e.g., strawberries, tomatoes)
Harvest, Post-Harvest Handling, and processing
- Harvest of produce efficiently and consistently for a variety of market needs
- Maintain a high standard for food safety at all steps of harvest and post-harvest handling
- Work in the processing area, including receiving and processing produce
General Farm Team Responsibilities
- Communicating with farm leads and team members effectively and kindly
- Work in compliance with food safety regulations and worker safety protocols
- Maintain a smooth, timely flow with team members while working through projects
- Perform other tasks, as needed and assigned by the Leadership team
- One season farm experience preferred (other work experience will be welcomed!)
- Excellent time management skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Positive, energetic interpersonal skills and clear communication skills
- Ability to take direction, ask for help/clarity, and give/accept constructive feedback on work and technique
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
- Ability to work for long durations in inclement weather – standing, sitting, bending over, or kneeling
This is a seasonal position, full-time May through August (other time commitments can be explored). The summer production crew member is an hourly position with benefits including sick time accrual, fresh produce, and a discount to our farm stand. Salary range is $14-17/hr, depending on qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com or through our employment application below. Applications will be accepted until the team is fully staffed.
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to reply to every applicant individually. We will be in touch via e-mail if we are interested in scheduling an interview with you.