Summer Camp Support Instructor
Full-time (40-45 hours per week), seasonal
June 19 - August 18, 2023
About Summer Camp at Cedar Circle Farm
Cedar Circle Farm is hosting our eighth year of our unique farm-based summer program for kids ages 6-11! There are eight individual weeks of camp scheduled from June 26-August 18, Monday through Friday, with a mandatory staff training session June 19-23. The camp day is 9 am-4 pm, and staff time on the farm will usually be 8:00-4:30. We will have a capacity of 30 campers each week, and Lead Instructors will guide a group of about 10 campers during camp activities and farm explorations. Support Instructors will float between groups and activities, to assist Lead Instructors where support is most needed throughout the day. In any given week, the camp program may also include adult volunteers and/or Teen Counselors.
About the Position
The Summer Camp Support Instructor role is for people looking to gain skills in education and build confidence leading groups of children outdoors. Together, our staff work to build a safe environment for learning and fun, and make meaningful relationships with our campers. If you are creative, inclusive, willing to be silly, and passionate about food, gardening, and nature, then we want to hear from you!
To view and download the full job description as a PDF, click here.
- Assist Lead Instructors in daily facilitation of programs designed to encourage campers’ connection to nature, food, and each other through exploration of Cedar Circle Farm
- Directly supervise our campers, and help Lead Instructors to manage groups and resolve conflicts
- Prioritize safety of campers on a working farm
- Collaborate with other staff to create weekly schedule and curriculum that are age-appropriate, diverse, and represent our educational goals
- Participate in daily debrief meetings to share ideas and improve our program
- Aid in preparation and clean up of all aspects of camp programming
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Experience working with children, and interest in education
- Enthusiasm for experiential, place-based, inclusive education
- Interest in food, gardening, and nature
- The physical and mental ability to care for kids outdoors in all types of weather
- CPR and First Aid Certification (we’ll provide certification if you don’t have it)
Hourly rate starts at $14 per hour, with an increase for returning staff. Benefits include access to farm produce and 20% off at the farmstand and cafe.
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to reply to every applicant individually. We will be in touch via e-mail if we are interested in scheduling an interview with you.