Full Time, Year Round
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center in East Thetford, Vermont has a unique opportunity for someone looking to lead sales on a beautiful organic farm in the Upper Valley of Vermont.
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center is a certified organic vegetable and berry farm with a farmstand and education center. We have retail greenhouses, a farm kitchen, a coffee shop - called the Hello Cafe, and a unique CSA program.
Our organization has a deep commitment to developing regenerative agriculture practices for our annual vegetable and flower production farm and to educating consumers about the need to support farms who are committed to growing food in a manner that improves and nourishes the soil.
The Sales Manager works directly with all other department managers to identify and maximize sales opportunities while maintaining the strong values and integrity that define our organization. The bulk of our sales are through our farmstand (open seasonally, May-October daily, then on weekends through mid-December), which the Sales Manager oversees s on a daily basis, with the support of the Farmstand and Cafe Leads and seasonal sales staff. The Sales Manager also oversees the retail sales from theHello Cafe and farmers’ markets, and coordinates and promotes CSA programs and wholesale accounts. This year, we are building an order and delivery program, which will be coordinated by the Sales Manager with support from the Market Lead. The Sales Manager also provides guidance on marketing efforts in order to promote both sales and our mission.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Vegetable, Annuals & Perennials, Kitchen, and Education Managers to develop and implement comprehensive retail and wholesale sales plans.
- Provide leadership to and manage the day to day operations of the farmstand and cafe with support from Cafe and Farmstand Leads.
- Develop and retain a well-trained staff that is focused on superlative customer relations, and educating our community about our produce and products, as well as the overall mission of the farm.
- Oversee the development of farmstand displays, merchandising, and point of purchase signage in order to increase farmstand sales.
- Oversee the coordination of our CSA program with support from the Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
- Manage farmers market attendance with the Market Lead
- Supervise the packing and delivery of orders three times a week
- Maintain regular email communications with all CSA members
- Maintain regular communication with farmstand customers
- Manage and expand our wholesale market through communication with restaurants and other local markets
- Complete annual budget projections for sales; monitor and adjust on a monthly basis with the Executive Director.
- Actively participate on the management team to strategize and plan for future sales growth.
- Work to further the mission of CCFEC by increasing engagement and improving the quality of customers’ experiences.
- Support education initiatives and programs as appropriate (festivals, special events).
All who are qualified are encouraged to apply! We will start interviewing candidates as they apply. Position will remain open until filled.
- Deep desire to build meaningful connections between our community and our diverse organic farm and education center.
- Proven experience in a successful sales environment engaging customers.
- Strong enthusiasm to work with a team to devise strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics, and spreadsheets.
- A strong sense of aesthetics and the ability to create visually appealing retail displays.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in organic food sales.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about organic and regenerative agriculture is a plus.
- Self-directed; highly motivated.
- Ability to work well with a diverse set of co-workers.
- At least 3 years of sales management experience, with demonstrated success.
- Solid knowledge of Google analytics and SEO and CRM.
- Experience setting up and optimizing online ordering systems.
- Medical Benefits, 100% premium paid by Cedar Circle
- Generous Paid Sick Time and Vacation Time
- Flexible working hours
- Hourly rate starting at $23
- Discounts on Produce and other bought-in products
To apply, fill out an employment application below.
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to reply to every applicant individually. We will be in touch via e-mail if we are interested in scheduling an interview with you.