Little Farmers Educator
Part time, Seasonal
May 2 - Oct 27
About the Position
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center seeks an educator to facilitate our Little Farmers program. Little Farmers provides opportunities for kids ages 2-5, along with their caregivers, to explore the farm, the food we grow, and the relationships we have with the natural world. Each week the Little Farmers Educator creates and leads a new sensory place-based lesson that is tied to the changes happening on the farm throughout the season. The program is offered every Tuesday and Friday at 9am and 10am.
This position works approximately 8 hours per week, including planning/preparation time as well as class time, from May through October.
- Design lesson plans in collaboration with the Education Department staff, which focus on the general themes of food, farming, and ecology
- Provide a welcoming, fun, and safe space for children and their caregivers
- Facilitate lesson plans in ways that encourage learners to use their senses to explore the farm and the surrounding ecosystem
- Gather and prepare materials needed for class each week
- Manage class registration on our website
- Experience teaching and developing lesson plans for early childhood students
- Enthusiasm for experiential, place-based, inclusive education
- Passion for sharing food, agriculture, and ecology with preschool students
- A willingness to engage with families and their children in order to establish long lasting relationships with our community
- The physical and mental ability to teach outdoors in all types of weather
Hourly rate is $16 per hour. Benefits include sick time accrual, fresh produce, and discount to our farm stand.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through our employment application below.
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to reply to every applicant individually. We will be in touch via e-mail if we are interested in scheduling an interview with you.