40-45 hours/week, April-October
20 hours/week, November-March
About the Position
The role of the Education Lead is to assist in developing, managing, and facilitating our agriculturally and ecologically focused youth, family, and adult education programs. There is a strong focus on developing and delivering lessons and activities for our farm programs, of which our most popular is our summer camp.
- Development and implementation of new and existing programs in conjunction with the Education Programs Manager (homeschool classes, preschool classes, family programs, teen cooking classes, summer camp, adult workshops, etc.)
- Working with the Education Programs Manager to create seasonal program curriculum, including lesson plans and educational materials for programs
- Planning, implementation, and maintenance of the Education Garden throughout the season
- Serving as Assistant Director during the 9 weeks of summer day camp
- Working with the Education Manager to train seasonal education staff prior to the start of youth programs
- Managing the Teen Counselor program for summer camp
- Supervising and supporting seasonal education staff and volunteers to ensure programs run smoothly
- Providing a positive experience for parents or caretakers of children participating in youth programs
- Collaborating with other departments at Cedar Circle Farm to lead or coordinate educational community programs
- Assisting the organization in hosting fundraisers and events
- Representing Cedar Circle Farm & Education Center at recruitment events, camp fairs, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience as an educator, in a classroom or outdoor setting
- Additional experience in a related field, or combination of work experience and coursework
- Experience developing curriculum and teaching about farming, ecology, or related subjects preferred
- Enjoy building relationships with learners of all ages, from preschool through adults
- Be inclusive and embrace diversity of all learners
- Be proactive and self-motivated
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in professional and educational settings
- Be detail oriented and competent in balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Farm or garden experience preferred
- Be comfortable working outdoors–rain or shine!
Hourly rate is $17-$18 per hour, depending on experience. Benefits include health benefits (50% of the group premium is employer paid), paid time off, access to farm produce, and 20% off at the farmstand and cafe.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through our employment application below.
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to reply to every applicant individually. We will be in touch via e-mail if we are interested in scheduling an interview with you.