Late April to October
20 to 40 hrs/wk
We’re seeking a friendly, customer-oriented, and hard-working person to work as a barista in Cedar Circle’s Hello Café from the end of April through October. Weekend availability is a must!
To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of customer service, work well with a team, be open to feedback, be familiar with espresso and coffee brewing processes, and truly love coffee. Applicants should also be willing to learn about Cedar Circle’s entire retail operation, including the farmstand and greenhouses, as we work as a team to further our mission.
General café and farmstand duties include:
- Greeting customers; answer questions about the menu and ingredients
- Answering questions about the products we sell, our growing practices, CSA, education programs, and farm policies. Directing customers to other departments or administrative staff to get their questions answered in a timely manner.
- Ringing up customers and processing payments
- Following food safety protocols
- Maintaining a clean and presentable workspace
Café duties include:
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared foods, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Keep the coffee shop clean and serving area well stocked with lids, sweeteners, etc.
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Communicate customer feedback to managers
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Previous work experience as a barista or in food service
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Basic math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
The ideal candidate for this position will also have a strong interest in food, cooking, and local, organic agriculture, as well as a desire to engage customers about these topics. Must be able to work morning shifts (7am-3pm) and weekends.
This is a seasonal position, 20-40 hours per week from the end of April through October. The Barista position is hourly with benefits including sick time accrual, fresh produce, and a discount to our farmstand. Salary is $15-17/hr depending on work experience.
Fill out an employment application below, or email a resume and cover letter to Sam Ranger, Farm Retail Manager, at email@example.com. Please notify us of all planned vacations in your application.
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to reply to every applicant individually. We will be in touch via e-mail if we are interested in scheduling an interview with you.