High school graduations, picnics, and grilling season are officially here! This potato salad is delicious and a perfect addition to the many potluck occasions that summertime brings. This recipe is adapted from Lynne Rossetto Kasper’s Spring Fling Menu. Serve this warm or at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic scapes chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds potatoes red skinned; small, unpeeled and boiled until just tender, cooled and sliced
- large handfuls young greens such as arugula, radish greens, spinach or beet greens, washed and dried
In a 12-inch skillet, sauté scallions with salt and pepper in the olive oil over high heat for 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium high, stir in scapes, and cook another minute. Add vinegars and boil down by half. Gently turn potatoes in the dressing to cloak them. Divide the greens between six salad plates. Top with heaps of the potatoes and the warm dressing.