We can’t resist the nutty madness!! This is a slightly altered version of Rob Summerbell’s recipe in From Asparagus to Zucchini. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 c peanut butter preferably chunky and organic
- 2 T tamari or soy sauce divided
- 2-3 t lemon juice
- 1/4 t cumin or more to taste
- to taste cayenne
- 1 medium broccoli chopped
- brown rice cooked, still warm
- handful cashews raw or roasted
Cook rice of your choice, and prepare a deep pot to steam your broccoli. Heat butter or oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft. Add a T tamari and cashews saute until the nuts are toasted. Remove from pan. In the same pan, mix peanut butter, lemon juice, T of tamari, cumin and cayenne. Thin with up to 1c of water to obtain a gravy-like texture. Stir in the onion mixture. Serve sauce over the broccoli and rice. Top with extra roasted cashews if you have some!